New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park and Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve are developing a Commercial Services Strategy to assess the type and quality of services offered to park visitors and to consider possible future services like tours, bike or boat rentals, and transportation services. Public input from individuals, businesses, and nonprofit organizations is encouraged. The Commercial Services Strategy will include all Jean Lafitte sites (the Acadian Cultural Center in Lafayette, Prairie Acadian Cultural Center in Eunice, Wetlands Acadian Cultural Center in Thibodaux, Barataria Preserve in Marrero, Chalmette Battlefield/Chalmette National Cemetery in Chalmette, and French Quarter Visitor Center in New Orleans) and all New Orleans Jazz sites (the visitor centers at the Old U.S. Mint and at 916 North Peters Street in New Orleans).
Four open houses will be held to discuss the Commercial Services Strategy. A webinar will be held during each open house for those who can participate by phone and internet. The open houses and webinars are free and open to the public and all are welcome to attend. The National Park Service will review input and ideas while developing the Commercial Services Strategy for the parks; the strategy is expected to be completed by the end of 2017. More information is available at www.nps.gov/jela.
To attend in person, see the schedule below. Meeting participants with special needs should contact Guy Hughes (504) 589-3882 ext. 128 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding accommodations.
- Tuesday, July 18, 2:30-4:00 p.m. Old U.S. Mint third floor, 400 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans 70116. See below for webinar information.
- Tuesday, July 18, 6:00-7:30 p.m. Chalmette Battlefield Visitor Center, 8606 West St. Bernard Highway, Chalmette 70043. See below for webinar information.
- Wednesday, July 19, 6:00-7:30 p.m. Barataria Preserve Environmental Education Complex, 6588 Barataria Blvd., Marrero 70072. See below for webinar information.
- Thursday, July 20, 2:30-4:00 p.m. Acadian Cultural Center, 501 Fisher Rd., Lafayette 70508. See below for webinar information.
Webinars, phone participation, and online commenting:
- Webinar and phone: Join any meeting date above by webinar www.join.me/DSCPlanning or by phone (404) 400-8750; use access code: 333-344-479#.
- Webinars will be recorded and available online on Friday, July 21, at https://parkplanning.nps.gov/JELAJAZZCSS.
- Comments may be shared online at https://parkplanning.nps.gov/JELAJAZZCSS now through Friday, July 28.
About the National Park Service: More than 20,000 National Park Service employees care for America’s 400+ national parks and work with communities across the nation to help preserve local history and create close-to-home recreational opportunities. Learn more at www.nps.gov.