Students from across the St. Bernard School District joined nearly 14,000 of their peers recently at the State Beta Convention, participating in a series of varying academic, artistic, and leadership based competitions.
This year’s students placed exceptionally well, with six schools eligible to compete at the National Convention being held this June in Savannah, Georgia.
St. Bernard Parish School District has a long tradition of excellence in Beta Club, and this extracurricular club gives students the opportunity to develop academic and leadership skills each year.
Superintendent Doris Voiter said she is proud of the work being done in and out of the classroom.
“We are pleased with the success of our Beta Club participants,” she said. “We thank all of our sponsors and teachers for all that they do to support our students, and we wish them well at Nationals.”
National Eligible Teams:
- J.F. Gauthier School – Banners Division 1.
- Lacoste Elementary – Book Battle, Living Literature.
- W. Smith Elementary – Scrapbooks, Songfest, T-Shirt.
- N.P Trist Middle – 6th Grade Social Studies, Selina Li; 8th Grade Social Studies, Anthony Wei.
- Andrew Jackson Middle – 7th Grade Social Studies, Ava Volante.
- Chalmette High School – 12th Grade Language Arts, Kelsey Billiot; 10th Grade Social Studies, Connor Kenney.