St. Bernard Parish Public School District is one of the few districts in the state to offer a universal, tuition-free Four-Year-Old Preschool Program. This program is for all children residing in the parish who will be four years of age by September 30, 2018. Preschool classes are located on the St. Bernard Parish Public School sites. The classes follow the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) and are taught by certified teachers who are assisted by trained paraprofessionals.
Initial registration for the 2018-2019 school year will be held based on the first letter of the student’s last name as follows:
- Last name beginning with A – C on Thursday, April 12th
- Last name beginning with D – F on Monday, April 16th
- Last name beginning with G – K on Wednesday, April 18th
- Last name beginning with L – O on Friday, April 20th
- Last name beginning with P – R on Monday, April 23rd
- Last name beginning with S – T on Wednesday, April 25th
- Last name beginning with U – Z on Friday, April 27th
In addition to the dates above, applications will be accepted Wednesday, May 9th, and May 16th. During the months of June and July, applications will be accepted on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week.
All applications and required documents will be accepted at the Joseph Davies Preschool Office, located at 4101 Mistrot Street, Meraux, between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
The applications must be submitted in person by the legal parent/guardian of the child. Only completed applications will be given consideration for placement.
Applications can be downloaded on the district’s website or by visiting the St. Bernard Parish School Board Office located at 200 East St. Bernard Hwy. in Chalmette.
If you need any assistance completing this application or have any questions, please contact the Preschool Staff at (504) 267-3310.