Secretary of State Tom Schedler reminds everyone that Saturday, April 28 is Election Day. Eligible voters will be casting ballots for a variety of candidate runoffs, as well as parish and local propositions, in 42* parishes. Since this is a Saturday election, the polls open at 7 a.m.
In preparation for Saturday’s Election Day activities, Secretary Schedler is encouraging voters to remember:
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their precinct and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.sos.la.gov.
- Voters can also sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card or another generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile and the secretary of state’s website at www.sos.la.gov.
* Parishes with elections include: Acadia, Allen, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bossier, Caddo, Calcasieu, Cameron, Claiborne, DeSoto, East Baton Rouge, East Carroll, Franklin, Grant, Iberville, Jefferson, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, LaSalle, Lincoln, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Orleans, Ouachita, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Richland, Sabine, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Martin, St. Tammany, Terrebonne, Vermilion, Vernon, Washington, Webster, West Baton Rouge and Winn.