The St. Bernard Community Center has been selected to be a Charity Partner for the 2020 Crescent City Classic 10k Race and are looking for people who would like to run, walk, or skip on the Community Center of St. Bernard Team!
Visit the link below to register for the race and WHEN IT ASKS YOU TO PICK A “CORRAL” YOU SELECT ORANGE – CHARITY.
The Crescent City Classic has been around for over 40 years and is a staple in our city. This Easter Weekend Tradition is now, along with Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest, one of New Orleans signature events. Each year, over 20,000 people gather in Downtown New Orleans for an event that attracts everyone from international Elite Athletes to those who walk the entire route carrying cocktails or wearing bunny suits. Young, old, fit and not so, the Crescent City Classic was the first 10k to be televised nationally, and is the most fun you can have over 6.2 miles.
- The registration fee is $40.00, this is a discounted price for those participating with a charity. The normal price is $50.00.
- If you choose to sign up under our charity, you will be required to raise a minimum of $200.00. The awesome part about this is 100% of that money comes straight to the Community Center of St. Bernard. The fundraising is done online, and you will have your own fundraising site to share with your friends, family, and employers
- If you raise over $250.00, your $40.00 registration fee will be credited back to you. This means you will run/walk for free and help us raise money, win/win!
- One of the best perks of being a charity participant, is you get to start in the orange corral. Due to the size of this race, each participant starts in a “corral” based on their finish time. The Elite and Competitive Runners begin in the front, which is a prime location. The charity participants start right AFTER those participants. This means you get to start the race FIRST and get to the finish line first. This will put you ahead of almost 20,000 people, how awesome is that?! This means you can enjoy the post-race after party quicker.
- You will receive a special Crescent City Classic T-Shirt and bib that will only be given to charity participants.
- Before the race, you will have full access to Club 44 in Champions Square – which is a great perk! You will have access to bathrooms (not port-o-lets that regular participants will have to use), drinks and seating.
- You will also have easy access to the starting line to enter your corral (where you begin the run).
- You have a chance to win a (1) night stay at the Hyatt Hotel, which is the host hotel for the Crescent City Classic 10k Race and Expo.
- Access to the Crescent City Classic Expo which takes place the Thursday and Friday before the Race at the Hyatt in Downtown New Orleans – a ton of fun!
- Last but not least, access to the largest post-race after-party around! This takes place at the fairgrounds in City Park, which is where you end your race. You can enjoy free Michelob Ultra and food.
- Ask (4) family members or friends to donate $50.00 to your page, and you are already at your goal amount.
- Ask your employer to sponsor you for the race
- Set aside $12.00 a week and you will make your own goal by race week.