The St. Bernard Parish Public School System celebrates eleven outstanding scholars who were recently named Students of the Year. This honor, awarded to one deserving student at each school, recognizes academic excellence, leadership, extracurricular involvement, and citizenship. (click link to see photos)
This year’s winners include:
Elementary School Students of the Year
- Arabi Elementary School | Lily Bell Lozes
- Arlene Meraux Elementary School | Natalia Hendrickson
- Chalmette Elementary School | Dustin Petit
- Joseph J. Davies Elementary School | Kinleigh Gioia
- J. F. Gauthier Elementary School | Payten Perez
- Lacoste Elementary School | Ramy Dali
- W. Smith, Jr. Elementary School | Terrione Brazil
Middle School Students of the Year
- Andrew Jackson Middle School | Kiany Montes Hernandez
- N. P. Trist Middle School | Jackson Nunez
- St. Bernard Middle School | Madelynn Roussell
High School Student of the Year
- Chalmette High School | Avani Miller
Superintendent Doris Voitier said this year’s Students of the Year hold a special place in her heart.
“Our students have faced unprecedented challenges over the last year and a half,” she said. “Despite the adversity, they continue to face, they also continue to excel. I am so proud of their work ethic and their commitment to education. Congratulations to these very deserving students.”
School winners will also compete at the district level when community leaders and educators conduct interviews to select an elementary, middle, and high school district winner. Those winners then compete for statewide consideration.
St. Bernard Parish School Board President Diana Dysart commends these exceptional students.
“Congratulations to these young people who truly represent all of the good things taking place in our classrooms. The St. Bernard Parish Public School System is proud of you!”