St. Bernard Parish Office of Homeland Security in conjunction with St. Bernard Transit has installed signs indicating pick-up sites to be used for hurricane evacuations. This program is designed for residents who do not have transportation. Residents who qualify for this service are those who have registered for the Critical Transportation Needs (CTN) Program.
When an evacuation is called, residents can go directly to the Evacuation Staging area located at the St. Bernard Civic Center Ballroom or to any one of the following Pick-up Sites:
- Celebration Church, 7500 W. Judge Perez Drive, Arabi
- Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church, 2320 Paris Road, Chalmette
- Chalmette High School, 1100 E. Judge Perez Drive, Chalmette
- Corinne Missionary Baptist Church, 5620 E. Judge Perez Drive, Violet
- J. F. Gauthier Elementary School, 1200 E. LA-46, St. Bernard
- Fanz Mobile Home Park, 2100 W. Fanz, St. Bernard
In order to be eligible for this program you must possess a valid ID or driver’s license. If you do not have a valid ID or driver’s license you will be processed by the St. Bernard Parish Sheriffs’ Office for identification purposes.
Forms are held for one year, from hurricane season to hurricane season. If it has been a year since you filled out a form, it is your responsibility to fill out a current form and return it to us. Also, if your contact information changes (address and telephone number) or if your circumstances have changed since you last filled out a form, please fill out a new form and forward to the following address:
St. Bernard Parish Government
Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness
8201 W. Judge Perez Dr.
Chalmette, LA 70043
ATTN: CTN Program Manager
Those with Special Needs would include two categories:
- Residents who require a degree of medical care that exceeds that of general population, such as the disabled, the infirmed or those who are electrically dependent.
- Residents who do not otherwise have transportation to get them to a bus pick-up area where they would be taken to a shelter outside of St. Bernard Parish.
It is important that Special Needs residents pre-register with the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness to insure transportation. “If you do not have transportation, we need to know about it,” McInnis said.
Residents who register with the program would be evacuated in the time period of 60-54 hours before tropical force winds make landfall on the Louisiana coastline, according to the St. Bernard Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.
It is your responsibility to listen to the public service announcements which will give you specific directions, as the hurricane approaches.
For more information on the CTN Program or to register contact the Office of Homeland Security at 504-278-4268.