Orleans and St. Bernard Parishes have been awarded Federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency in the amount of $207,091 and $22,418 respectively. Funds must be used to supplement food, shelter, rent-mortgage & utility assistance efforts in ongoing programs to assist people with economic emergencies unrelated to disasters.
Only non-profit organizations or units of government in Orleans or St. Bernard Parishes are eligible to apply and must abide by the following:
- 1) Be a non-profit organization with a voluntary board or government agency.
- 2) Be eligible to receive Federal funds,
- 3) Have a financial control system that allows for effective control over and accountability for all funds,
- 4) Practice non-discrimination,
- 5) Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
The Emergency Food & Shelter Program application is available on the United Way of Southeast Louisiana website at www.unitedwaysela.org.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS AUGUST 8, 2019.
Please direct questions to Tap Bui at TapB@unitedwaysela.org