- 20,000 runners to take over the streets of New Orleans this weekend, Feb. 4-5
- Residents urged to be aware of road closures and plan ahead for an alternate route
WHAT: Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon & ½ Marathon is closing down over 26.2 miles of road this weekend for the 8th annual race. More than 20,000 runners will take on a marathon, half-marathon, or 10K in The Big Easy on Sunday, February 5 as well as a 5K in City Park on Saturday, February 4.
Most road closures and detours will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:30 pm on Sunday, February 5. The streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the routes will open earlier than roads along the end of the routes. New Orleans residents are encouraged to use the free Waze App on your smart phone for point to point directions on race day around road closures. For full road closure and community specific details, please visit: RunRocknRoll.com/New-Orleans/Road-Closures
Sunday, February 5
- 10K Start Time: 7:00 am (St. Charles Ave. and S. Maesti St.)
- Marathon, Half Marathon: 7:30 am (Poydras St. at Camp St.)
In addition to the existing construction in town, major closures are included below; please visit our website for a complete list:
- Poydras Street from Convention Center Blvd. to S. Rampart St.
- Rampart Street from Poydras St. to Howard Ave.
- Howard Avenue from S. Rampart St. to Lee Circle
- St. Charles Avenue from Lee Circle to Audubon Place/Loyola University
- Magazine Street from Melpomene Ave. to Poydras St.
- Tchoupitoulas Street from Julia St. to Poydras St.
- Northbound/Lakebound N Peters St./Decatur St. between Poydras St. & Esplanade Ave.
- Esplanade Avenue from N. Peters St. to City Park Ave.
- N. Carrollton Avenue from City Park Ave to Canal St. (Access Lanes North & South)
- Northbound/Lakebound Marconi Drive from Dreyfous Dr. to Robert E. Lee Blvd.
- Eastbound Robert E. Lee from Marconi Dr. to St. Bernard Ave
- Lakeshore Drive from St. Bernard Ave./Paris Roundabout to Franklin Ave.
- Southbound Wisner Blvd. from Robert E. Lee Blvd. and Harrison Avenue