Submitted by Michael Chutz
The Kiwanis Club of St. Bernard held a special luncheon celebrating 60 years as a club serving the St. Bernard Community. The Kiwanis Club of St. Bernard was chartered on April 15, 1957 and has been a major service club in St. Bernard since it’s inception.
As part of the special luncheon at Rocky and Carlo’s on April 11, 2017, the club also recognized it’s deceased members with a special prayer ceremony with flowers to commemorate the occasion. Shirley Pechon, Mistress of Ceremonies, presented roses at the meeting and lead the effort to place a memorial wreath at the monument in Arabi on St. Claude by the flag pole. Each past member was remembered for their accomplishments within the club and the St. Bernard community. Our special guest was Mr. Chris Roussel 48 year member of Kiwanis Club.