St. Bernard Parish Public School District is one of the few districts in the state to offer a universal, tuition-free Four-Year-Old Preschool Program. This program is for all children residing in the parish who will be four years of age by September 30, 2020. Preschool classes are located on each St. Bernard Parish Public School site. The classes follow the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Standards (ELDS) and are taught by certified teachers who are assisted by trained paraprofessionals.
Initial registration for the 2020-2021 school year will be held based on the first letter of the student’s last name as follows:
- Last name beginning with A & B on Tuesday, March 10th
- Last name beginning with C – E on Thursday, March 12th
- Last name beginning with F – I on Tuesday, March 17th
- Last name beginning with J – M on Thursday, March 19th
- Last name beginning with N – Q on Wednesday, March 25th
- Last name beginning with R & S on Thursday, March 26th
- Last name beginning with T – Z on Wednesday, April 1st
In addition to the dates above, additional applications will be accepted Wednesday, April 22nd, Wednesday, May 6th and Wednesday, May 13th. During the months of June and July, applications will be accepted on Wednesday of each week.
All applications and required documents will be accepted at the Joseph Davies Preschool Office, located at 4101 Mistrot Street, Meraux, between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
The applications must be submitted in person by the legal parent/guardian of the child. Only completed applications will be given consideration for placement.
Applications can be downloaded on the district’s website at www.sbpsb.org/prek.
If you need any assistance completing this application or have any questions, please contact the Preschool Staff at (504) 267-3310.