Just in time for registration, Nunez Community College will spotlight its academic and career-technical programs March 22-25 for Community College Week 2021.
Nunez, which is located just off Interstate 10 in Chalmette, will host a series of online and on-campus events designed
to re-introduce its programs to the community before
registration for the Summer and Fall 2021 semesters opens on March 29.
The schedule includes four Virtual Open Houses and one on-campus Career and Technical Programs Fair.
The full lineup includes:
- Monday, March 22 at 5:30 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring the Louisiana Transfer Degree program, General Studies, Care & Development of Young Children (CDYC), and Teaching: Grades 1-5
- Tuesday, March 22 at 5:30 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring Business & Business Information, Paralegal and Medical Office Management
- Wednesday, March 24 at 4 p.m.: An on-campus Career and Technical Education Fair
- Wednesday, March 24 at 7 p.m.: A Virtual Open House
featuring Aerospace Manufacturing Technology,
Coastal Studies & GIS Technology, Culinary Arts, Electrical, HVAC, Instrumentation, Process Technology (PTEC), and Welding
- Thursday, March 25 at 5:30 p.m.: A Virtual Open House featuring EMT & Paramedic, Practical Nursing, Phlebotomy, EKG, and Patient Care Technician.
Program directors and advisors will be on hand for all events to provide information and answer questions. A Zoom link for the Virtual Open Houses is available on Nunez.edu and all Nunez social media.
Students can also register for Summer and Fall 2021 classes beginning March 29 by visiting Nunez.edu or calling 504-278-6467.