Along with a plethora of partners, SBEDF aims to equip small businesses with the resources they need to leverage future opportunities in the parish
The St. Bernard Economic Development Foundation (SBEDF) is proud to announce the 2nd annual Small Business Matters Summit. This year’s event will include a lineup of diverse topics focused on small business owners and employees looking to utilize opportunities for advancement. A wide variety of dynamic speakers and partners from the region will be discussing resources, tools, and insight to help our small businesses flourish into a future filled with growth and prosperity.
As St. Bernard Parish looks ahead to a period of economic development projects and potential, local leaders see it as crucial to ensuring local businesses and residents have the resources and education needed to benefit. “SBEDF is devoted to growing the economic infrastructure here in St. Bernard,” said Meaghan McCormack, Chief Executive Officer of SBEDF. “It is our goal to ensure the businesses in our community have the insight and accessibility to programs and opportunities to help them not only grow but thrive in the face of an ever-changing economy. Our Small Business Matters Summit gives us a direct avenue to begin achieving this outcome.”
The Small Business Matters Summit includes a plethora of speakers from throughout Greater New Orleans with experience in a variety of subject matters. The schedule includes:
- 12:00-12:30 PM – Check In
- 12:30-12:45 PM – Opening Remarks – Rachel Nunez (Board Member | SBEDF) & Tina Tinney (Chancellor | Nunez Community College)
- 12:45-1:30 PM – Louisiana’s Economy, Business Outlook, Small Business Trends – Michael Hecht (CEO | GNO, Inc.)
- 1:30-2:15 PM – How the Inflation Reduction Act and the SBA Can Help Small Businesses – Ted James (Regional VI Administrator | SBA)
- 2:15-3:00 PM – From Idea to Investment
- 3:00-3:15 PM – Break
- 3:15-4:15 PM – Understanding My Need for Capital – Jeanne Bergeron (Business Development Director | Community Business Finance), Candy Bellau (President | Kramerica Business Solutions), and Kevin Laborde (President | Cash Flow Resources)
- 4:15-4:45 PM – People Matter: Guide to Human Resources –Diane Jackson (Director, Programs & Curriculum |The Slone Group)
- 4:45-5:00 PM – Closing Comments
- 5:00-6:00 PM – Networking Reception
“Each speaker has been selected due to the specific impact they have on small businesses throughout the region,” added Rachel Nunez, SBEDF Board Member. Nunez, who played a crucial role in planning the event, added that she “cannot wait to see the cohesion and opportunity this summit is able to create for St. Bernard’s business community.”
The Small Business Matters Summit will take place on Thursday, November 10th at Nunez Community College’s Arts, Science, and Technology Building located at 3710 Paris Rd in Chalmette. The event will run from 12:30 PM – 5:00 PM and conclude with an hour for networking. Light snacks and refreshments will be included. Registration is free and required for attendance. You can confirm your attendance now here.