Secretary of State Tom Schedler reminds everyone that SATURDAY, OCT. 14 is Election Day across the state. Eligible voters will be casting ballots for state treasurer and three constitutional amendments as well as an assortment of local races including New Orleans municipal offices beginning at 7 A.M.
In preparation for Saturday’s election activities, Secretary Schedler is encouraging voters to remember:
- Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their precinct and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.sos.la.gov.
- Voters can also sign up for text alerts via the GeauxVote Mobile app.
- Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card or another generally recognized picture identification card with your name and signature such as a passport). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit, but will be allowed to vote.
- Election results can be viewed in real-time via the GeauxVote Mobile app and the Secretary of State’s website, www.sos.la.gov.
“We anticipate a strong turnout on Saturday unfortunately to be very low based on historical data and early voting statistics,” said Secretary of State Tom Schedler. “I have indicated that I’ll happily eat crow if Louisiana’s voters prove me wrong, and I hope they do. Polls will be open all day Saturday and there is plenty of time to still participate in this important statewide election cycle. Every vote counts, so geaux vote!”